Monday 26 November 2018

Christmas has started......


Yes I know it started about two months ago in shop windows and adverts etc but I try so hard to ignore it until I'm ready, well this weekend I bought all my Christmas cards and wrote them all (I send a lot) but of course I'll not do anything with them until it's December.

Saturday O and I went to our first Christmas Fair and end of term show at Red Rose Chain Theatre Company. We started with a look around the stalls, O had a hot chocolate and cake and he also paid a visit to Santa in his grotto.


If you follow that link you can read that Red Rose do amazing community work by making theatre inclusive for everyone and run groups for disabled and educationally challenged too. All the groups were represented in this show with 60 performers on stage. 


Daughter has been helping out with her Tudor music and teaching a group Tudor dances to add to their version of the Princess and the Pea story.

Another group did a very lively version of The Tinderbox story, but unfortunately I haven't got a photo of them. 


And the Youth Theatre did a great job of showing us what happened to the characters after we saw them in their Dread Zeppelin play, with a few of them doing all the research and writing the scripts. R was part of the script team and that's her playing the accordion, proud Grandma moment☺

There was a preview song by the cast of Alice which is the theatre's Christmas show and then all performers got us singing along to Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer. 
Brilliant!
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

All fabulous. Wouldn't have recognised R with her hair tied back like that. And didn't know she could play the accordion!

I'm still trying to ignore Christmas - not feeling terrifically motivated. Think because C isn't around at all. I need a job! (am trying and failing at the moment at job hunting). Bleargh. Will head out for a walk I think and get rid of that teeny tiny violin playing tunes at me.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

The accordion arrived for M as a legacy from his granddad I think, and R is self taught :-)
Happy job hunting......when you're ready!