Thursday 2 February 2017

Theatre: Black Is The Color Of My Voice....





Inspired by the life of Nina Simone, Black Is The Color Of My Voice follows a successful jazz singer and civil rights activist seeking redemption after the untimely death of her father. She reflects on the journey that took her from a young piano prodigy destined for a life in the service of the church, to a renowned jazz vocalist at the forefront of the Civil Rights Movement. 

Direct from sell-out performances in Shanghai, New York and at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Apphia Campbell embarks on her debut UK tour. 

============================================================

Really not much more I can say about this performance apart from WOW !
A one woman show full of emotion punctuated with her fantastic voice.

Hopefully this is a link to the rest of the tour.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds good. The new theatre near us opens this week but seems to be mostly performances that are aimed more at children at the moment. I've booked a couple of things for April as they sounded good but there was a disappointing lack of this type of thing. If that doesn't change I think I will write and say I would like to see performances like this.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

I'm sure it will improve once performers know your theatre exists, hard for them to include your venue on a national tour when they book them probably a year in advance. But definitely tell them the sort of things you'd like to see there.