Wednesday 4 May 2011

Surrounded by cancer.....

I can't believe how many people that I am directly linked to have had cancer, died from cancer or are still battling with cancer! There are even more people that are just one step away from a direct link too! Why?

Is it that cancer in all its various forms are more prevalent now, or just more talked about? Or is it because I'm older I'm nearer to the age people are struck down with it? Or are there in fact a growing list of forms this dreadful disease can take, more parts of the body it will attack?

Is it the way we live that is triggering its hold on us? I've heard that drinking from a plastic water bottle that has been allowed to get warm in the car can cause cancer! So perhaps it is our exhaust fumes, our processed foods, our man-made fibers etc etc that are killing us? I've also recently discovered that my ethnic origin makes me a higher risk too!

All I ever hope for is that our ever increasing education will inform us to change the things that are bad and help the scientists to find better treatments or perhaps even a cure!
.

No comments: