Saturday 27 March 2021

Guess I Must.........

 
Don't get me wrong, I love how the spring sunshine is brightly coming through every window, it's just showing up my definite lack of housework! Of course this wonderful poem by Rose Milligan echos my usual sentiment. 
So do I take my glasses off, close all the curtains or just get on with some dusting? 

Woke Tuesday with a pleasant thought of actually leaving the house today, be it just for a blood test, then checking my calender realised it's next Tuesday 😖😂

23rd March and one year anniversary of the start of the first lockdown. Obviously lots on TV and social media and Hubby and I with a couple of neighbours joined the 8pm doorstep silent tribute, with candles or torches, in remembrance for all those that have lost their lives to this vicious virus. 

From the kitchen window we noticed one of the local cats leaning right over the edge of the pond with its front paws on the stony liner and it appeared to be drinking the water or possibly eating something? It can't get to the fish as the pond is completely netted. On closer inspection we think it must have been eating frog spawn that's been laid on top and weighing the netting down. 

While so many people are desperate for hairdressers to reopen, tree beautifiers are still working. Hubby arranged for our beech tree to be trimmed back, after getting permission of course as it's under preservation order. This is the before photo, it's not the tree in full leaf behind, it's the bare branch tree in front of it. 
Hubby was recommended this company and recommendation is always valued. They have the clever name of "Special Branch". They also have clever kit of heavy duty shredder that feeds straight into their lorry. 
And afterwards, a good job done.

That's about it, so I'll post this now while I ponder what to have for breakfast! 
I hope you have a good week and stay safe.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I have book window cleaners on my list. I figure if the windows are clean then they will be looked through and we won't notice the dust inside quite so much!

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Good luck with theory, just saying we have a regular window cleaner! Hahaha

Michelle said...

Windows got cleaned last week :-). Not a brilliant job due t muck the glazer/painter left on the panes. Window cleaner said he couldn't have been happy with them left like that and wouldn't have paid but we are rubbish that way! Window cleaner did some of the panes but I need to get out and do some more.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Paying someone to do a job that makes more work for me would make me very angry.