Saturday 20 March 2021

On a Film Fest........

 
Saturday matinee was this
I hadn't seen the previous animated version so I'm not comparing. This one I thought typical Disney with lovely scenery, costumes, clever filming etc but a story that's totally over the top. I wouldn't bother paying money for a cinema seat (if that were even allowed) but entertaining enough to sit at home in the warm with my knitting. 

Mother's day - postal delivery of large box of artisan fudge and flowers and card and a unique hand made printed lino-cut card which was delivered in person. 
I'm a very lucky, very loved mummy ❤ 

Bit of car swapping as Daughter's car needs it's MOT and service which our neighbour is doing so she left her car on our drive and took mine. 

Another film we've watched
I don't think I can actually give you my review as I found how it made me feel really confusing. Basic story is Jojo is a 10 year old boy and nazi youth seeing war and the people around him through his junior eyes. It is a full on mix of comedy, satire, nazi bashing, and total fantasy that is also really sad in places.

Hubby found another film for us both to watch
A treasure hunt fraught with danger, involving children/teens where they also find family bonding, deeper friendships and their Hawaiian heritage. Predictable but still very good.

I've actually started a book this week, loaned to me by a neighbour. I haven't read a book for ages possibly years. Shame it's hard back and heavy to hold. 

Plus Hubby keeps finding films to watch in another room if he knows I'd not enjoy them. He definitely needs more good weather to get him outside again. 

Amazed that with the current news about lack of vaccine supplies possibly causing a slow down, now calling for all in their 50s....... my 18 year old granddaughters have their appointments for the coming week! 

And the rest of the week has drifted by uneventfully. 
Stay safe.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I am sure I commented! Ah well.

You are indeed very much loved.

Suffolk is obviously working far faster than Herts. I've heard nowt for me.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Annoying!
Thank you xx
Fingers crossed you get jabbed soon.

Michelle said...

I'm fine with mine being delayed. Stupidly scared of needles! So the longer it takes the further away getting jabbed and making a scene of myself will be. Hoping it will be so efficient and fast it will be over and done with before I get overwhelmed thinking about it.

Michelle said...

I think I write a comment then get distracted so don't finish the process with pressing "publish your comment" after recaptcha. It'll be my error.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Everywhere seems to be super efficient, you'll be fine xx