Saturday 31 October 2020

Gifts, Crafts and Other Stuff.........


Well I looked at the green round squash in Daughter's donated veg box and wondered what to do with it. Hubby doesn't like it as a veg so I've never bought one. Google helped me out and I chopped it into big wedges (boy are they hard to cut up) and roasted it first then diced some into the stew. The rest I blitzed into a puree and made this spiced ginger cake. Not my usual sweet sticky kind but good none the less. 


Having cancelled our Cornwall trip we couldn't give Son his special present actually on his birthday and had to wait until he popped over this week. It was a photo book marking birth to 40. He really liked it. He's now rocking the scruffy covid hairy style hahaha

He had also brought us their surplus cooking apples which became a cinnamon sponge with caramel apples on the bottom. When I remembered I wanted a photo this was all that was left. 

R is a gamer for the role player games like Dungeons and Dragons and has started collecting sets of fancy dice. She had seen various multi pocket dice bags and wanted to make one. So a rummage through my fabric stash and finding a round tray to draw round for pattern size she was off. 
I stayed in the room for a little guidance and to help when my sewing machine needed a nudge and she did a great job.


Another purchase! We know how to spoil ourselves! 


Quiz night felt a bit odd with Daughter away and R here there was nobody to zoom with, so three of us here and R had two of her US friends online and I had to message Daughter for one answer and we totalled an amazing 47 out of 50! We were caught out by the tie break question of total age of the queen's grandchildren which came to 256 I think. 

Actually another amazing number, as my two sisters and I all have October wedding anniversaries and added to our fourth sister's last number we have totalled 179 years living with our own men! We deserve medals 🏅 🏅🏅

With covid numbers rising, stay very safe everyone.

.


4 comments:

Michelle said...

R's bag is amazing! Love it.

I confess after an experiment with butternut squash a while ago to loving roasting squash whole, no cutting. I read somewhere of it being an easy way to cook them. Then mashing it. M peels and chops to roast pieces and tbh that all seems far too much effort. The roasting whole method tastes just as good and certainly if you're pureeing anyway then that's what I'd do.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Good grief Google, why didn't you tell me I could roast it whole?

Michelle said...

:-D You clearly didn't do a Proper Google as is an expression used sometimes...

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Hahaha no I'm sticking with Google failed me not the other way around!