Saturday 24 October 2020

I Really Don't Like Shopping......

 
I do like having new things and I do like giving gifts, but I hate shopping! 
I hate physically dragging round shops when most of the stock looks the same to me, then trying different shops that seem to have exactly the same stuff as the previous ones but you have to check just in case.
Even when I know what we want/need and what we don't like I find it so hard to make that final decision and have actually got it very wrong a few times. For our own home improvement things Hubby is just as bad! 
With lockdown I was relieved to have the excuse not to physically shop but turns out I'm just as bad online! 

Lovely surprise very very early Sunday morning when O appeared at our window. Together with Daughter and the dog they'd gone for a sunrise walk and ended up here. So garden cuppas and Hubby drove them home. 

20th October 1973 was our wedding day. 

I managed to find a suitable card in my very depleted stash, but Hubby actually went into a shop for mine!!!

After a long interruption from a windows salesman (we didn't break), I made Hubby his favourite cinnamon buns. We had to test them still warm and then I iced the rest. 
Roll on the next 47 years 😉

A bit more online shopping for a friend's birthday. Spent three days looking at beauty hampers and cheese&chutney hampers etc with lots of indecision, then finally settled on flowers with wine and chocs because that's often what she gifts to others so know she'd like it. Thankfully I managed to ask in conversation how she was celebrating and found out her chap has booked two days away. So I'm ready to order and have it delivered a day early....... then the online form wouldn't work on my tablet or on my phone GRRRR. Managed eventually the next day, but I do hate shopping! 

Daughter is now at Kentwell for the Halloweenies event. She forgot to cancel her veg box so brought it round, she also brought R on Wednesday and the dog on Friday and we will all be together till 1st November. 
Have a good week and stay safe.
.




No comments: