Saturday 17 October 2020

Jabba Jabba........

 
Our Saturday started with our booked flu jabs. We normally refuse them as we have both felt very unwell with them in the past, Hubby's last one was about 10 years ago and mine about 40 years ago! However, this year it's different of course and there's very reasonable pros and cons that were worth considering, the main ones were....
- If I'm not going anywhere or seeing anyone I'm far less likely to come into contact with flu so I don't need it! 
- If I do get a winter illness I'll know it's not what I've been vaccinated against so I do need it! 
Our main surgery in the town centre (we normally use the local annex) is set up for the whole day just for this and it's very efficient and well managed to keep everyone safe and moving through quickly. We went in to one clinician as a couple and I got the pneumonia jab too. 
The morning after report is my flu arm feels a bit bruised, my pneumonia arm is fine, but Hubby said he had a very restless achy night and felt yuk all day Sunday. 
By Sunday evening both my arms were quite painful, thankfully no other aches but I couldn't sleep on either side so my turn for a restless night but Hubby slept well. Monday morning apart from feeling a little sore at the actual injection point Hubby is back to normal, both my arms still hurt. Wednesday night I could finally sleep on my side comfortably. 

Winter TV schedules now giving us a bit more variety and good to have some favourites back like 

So impressed how they are managing covid 
restrictions and can still produce programmes. 

Hubby has picked up his advance motorbike rider course again after the instructor took a covid pause. Hubby isn't too bothered about the qualification but as a bloodrunner he should have it and is quite enjoying the experience. 

Just as I was thinking that was all the uninteresting news of the week, last night that changed. Sitting relaxing with TV on, just before 9pm there was a huge bang, definitely at the front of the house, much louder than a bird hitting the window, and we both jumped out of our skins! 
Hubby tentatively checked around the house, putting outside lights on and looking through curtains then eventually brave enough to open the front door, nothing! 
We have cctv so brought up the cameras on our phones and after a lot of scrolling back and forth discovered this.....


That cat is walking in front of the camera sited by our bedroom window, so he must have jumped from the fence between us and next door and landed on the roof across our front door and bay windows, hollow roof so hence the bang! It obviously did make me physically jump as I've broken a spring under my seat 😒

Till next week then, stay safe. 
.








2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my! Good to see your hearts are strong. Breaking a chair spring is definitely from a huge startle! Wonder if it made the cat jump as much. It may well not feel inclined to try that again.

M had his jab, he normally gets side effects but as both of them are trying to get me to go this year (needle phobic) he made sure to show minimal effects. C will have hers through work but couldn't book me in anywhere as yet. I'd said if they book it I'd attend but it would seem supplies are limited and makes sense to prioritise for those like M who need it. As with C with her childhood immunisations, it is reassuring to know what a rash or a sniffle couldn't be, so yes the flu jab would be reassuring too. Also, I would think getting flu and then later covid, or the other way round, would mean greater impact from the second infection, so to reduce that risk seems advisable this year.

We were delighted Taskmaster started back this week :-).

xx

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Pleased to report the cat is fine, the one we think it was is still prowling like it owns the street!
Fingers crossed you get your jab soon and not have to spend weeks worrying about it. x
I love taskmaster too but in small doses. I'm still catching up with some old ones. So clever how they come up with those obscure tasks!