Saturday 26 August 2023

Look What I Found.......

 
Combining the two vases of flowers I had for my birthday after throwing out the very sad ones I'm still left with a large vase full even though they are more than a week old, which is quite good for shop bought roses. 
Clever dog knows an empty peanut butter pot will need a lot of chasing on the vinyl floor so carried it immediately to her bed so she had full control for some concentrated licking out. 


Quite cross with myself, I'd spent ages creating a unique present for my friend (can't say any more in case she reads it before receiving) and laid it all out ready to take a picture, then called Hubby so he could see what we were giving before it was opened in front of him. He seemed impressed (often hard to tell) then I wrapped it all up prettily and securely......... I'd forgotten to take the photo ggggrrrrrr!

When Daughter comes back from Tudor camping her big tent and roof box need storing back in our garage, this time the inside edge of the tent had got a bit wet on the floor and the hessian flooring had a little damp mold which needed scrubbing away. First good scrub with suds and a second scrub with disinfectant. It could be on the line for a couple of days, so keeping everything crossed it doesn't rain. 
After a four year gap I had an evening with friendDP, we had a lot to catch up on. Got up to date with all our family news, who's doing what and the usual shock at how old the grandchildren have got, then somehow we got into sharing all our health issues (we both have/had lots) but not in a "feel sorry for ourselves" way, more in a "all that and we are still here" way. We laughed a lot too.

I've made another bag. I'm always a bit smug when I reuse old stuff to make something useful. Component parts are two pockets from a rain jacket (that's already been cut up and most parts used elsewhere), black Jersey strip cut from the remains of leggings and the front border of a cardigan (that has previously been parted from the body as it was needed for a cowl neck). The cross body strap was from a long ago binned camera case and I move it from bag to bag.  
I've also made a matching sun glasses case, it's padded with the stiffener from inside ties and lined with the cloths meant for specs cleaning.  

I had to dive right into my deep wardrobe (it is built across the staircase)  to get the suitcases out, two cabin bags needed for our holiday that's in a couple of weeks and we'll use one of those for a few days away this weekend. 
WOW! there on the floor under a shoebox was the missing sock!!!
Usual gang did meal in Prezzo then onto the pub. It was Open Mic Night (not my favourite but the others love it). One or two OK voices but more than a few dreadful ones! With one girl we always have a game of "What on earth is she trying to sing?" Guess they are brave even getting up and I feel brave sitting through it.
Big surprise was our old friend Vic being in there,  we used to see him regularly but we haven't seen him for about a year. 

We had another dog sitting afternoon and evening for Daughter as her family of four went off in three different directions. Thankfully she's no bother, (you know I mean the dog). 

Enjoy your Bank Holiday weekend. Us retired folk don't benefit from Bank Holidays of course but actually we do have plans for this one that hopefully will make fun reading next week.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Flowers look gorgeous and love the sock discovery! Hurrah!!!

I have this morning found mould on the underside of the granite worktop in the bin cupboard. Currently pondering best way to clean it, it's rough surface and shouldn't use acid based products on stone.

And yet again all your amazing makings xxxxx

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Sorry for delayed response, I guess you've scrubbed your granite by now. Or I would have suggested just washing up liquid and very stiff brush, hairdryer dry to make sure no dampness remains then some sort of sealant painted over (as it's underneath and unseen) so it's easier to keep mould free in future.