Saturday 19 August 2023

No Use In Rushing........

 
The first part of my birthday present from Daughter was a jigsaw called "Escape to Norfolk" which I was really pleased with as I do enjoy doing jigsaws. However it was meant to be a little joke before telling me about the booked Norfolk holiday in November. 
I started the jigsaw Saturday morning. 

Good crop of figs, just a shame they all ripen at once (these were all picked Sunday)  and it's only me and R that eat them. Not sure what to do with them as there would be belly rebellion if we ate them all (R definitely doesn't want that while she's performing every evening) and I haven't been successful cooking with them so far, apart from jam (again only me that eats it) . All suggestions gratefully received. 
I'd read a suggestion a long time ago of putting fresh berries in jars in the fridge and they will last longer, so I gave it a try with the figs. 

I went for a second time to see The Winter's Tale, this time taking friendKK. So another opportunity to sneak in a couple of my favourite pics of R performing in it. FriendKK loved it as much as I did. 

FriendKK was driving so when she dropped us home I gave her some very ripe figs as they all need eating quickly. 

All too soon the jigsaw was finished. Really enjoyed this one as so full of details. 
FriendHM treated me to dinner out for my birthday present. We would normally go out as a group of girls which isn't going to happen but I found it better just the two of us for a proper catchup chat. 

Change of plan for Friday evening as R had a cast party after the show so said it would be too late for Hubby to go out to get her so she would sleep at home as they can drop her off. So I arranged for M to collect the dog and Hubby will pick them both up Saturday in time to get R to work. Friday evening seemed quiet at home. 

So another week has whizzed by and I really must get stuck into my 
to-do-list which all needs to be done before next weekend.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes!

My dad cut his fig tree back by two thirds due to annual glut and it really had outgrown the space down the side of the house. I do like them, as does C but M doesn't. My only suggestion is, after harvesting for your own supplies, putting a shout out on your street group to say folks are welcome to come and gather any that they would like.

x

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes xx
I really loooove figs and far too selfish to do a general shout out, none will go to waste I can assure you ;) hahaha
Actually I know I'm the only one in our coffee morning group that eat figs.