Saturday 27 May 2023

Tea For The Gardener.......

 
It started with Daughter saying "can you pop over with your strimmer dad please?" and of course he stayed to use it and her mower. Nice to see he had help. 

Walking round our garden I was pleased to see this yellow rose flowering as sisterS bought it for our silver wedding anniversary (25 years ago) and it had suffered behind the apple tree but seems happy to have been moved now. 
Lovely to see the first oriental poppy to open, there will be so many more in the next week or so. 

Red Rose Theatre has now announced the cast of this year's summer Shakespeare. Of course R is in it and I've already bought tickets.

Hubby and I were invited by our very good friendsN&T to join their quiz night team in support of the Great Horkesley WI. It was a good laugh and we came joint 3rd which isn't bad. 

 I'm now feeling old as I've had to renew my driving licence and cut up the current one! 

And even older now our twin granddaughters R and E have celebrated their 21st birthday (I never know if I should say birthday or birthdays?). 
Still my favourite photo of all time! 

A week mostly of gardening by Hubby and me pottering and a bit of ironing then joining him outside with regular tea supplies. He's also managed two bike rides and stopped talking about "selling his motorbike as he rarely gets to ride it" (that's winter talk I think).

Enjoy another Bank Holiday weekend.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

love the armful of babes pic too xxx

MumB / @mumbosh said...

I miss having babies around so I look at that pic often ;)