Monday 15 May 2023

Sunny in May.....

 
Son and fiancé with their dog came for lunch on Sunday and they took advantage of our garden space to open their camper awning and give it a clean and we all sat outside for tea and cake. We had Daughter's dog for the day and the two hounds now get on together well. M picked up their dog and Son drove off home in plenty of time for me to get changed and head to the hospital for my annual CT Scan. It's very odd walking through a very empty part of the hospital on a Sunday evening, however a real pleasure to drive into a half empty car park. I warned the radiographer that my veins go into hiding so he didn't bother with either elbow and managed to get the cannula into the back of my hand, ouch! Glad to get that over with. 

Monday coffee morning back inside, sunny but far too windy for the garden. Such typically unpredictable May weather. 

Tuesday I spent quite a while repairing an amber bracelet for FriendT. Half the beads needed rethreading as the string had broken. Harder for me now as my right eye can't focus on tiny detail but I did it. She was thrilled to have it back fixed.

Making the most of a pleasant day Wednesday, Daughter invited us for lunch then out for a walk. We parked at Woolverstone and walked along the shore then mostly through fields with the river in view at all times, reaching The Butt and Oyster pub where I had a coffee and Hubby and Daughter had pints and the dog turned her nose up at the dog bowls of water left by the tables. 
We followed the same route back to the car and when I checked my phone the step counter showed 9,671 steps about 4.5 miles. 

Thursday was a laundry day, and it all got pegged outside and dry for the first time this year. 

Friday still a pleasant temperature and Hubby did lots of gardening. We both had a tea break by the pond and there was lots of starling noise from the trees, bushes and down on the grass. Baby starlings were very brave coming so close to us while investigating the pond, even walking over the netting to peck at the tiny bugs (I'm assuming).
Now a sad/confusing/frustrating story....... I've lost a sock (don't laugh this is serious). Before we went on holiday I cleared the laundry box and when putting it all away there was a shock without its partner! I didn't need them for Spain and knew it was in the house somewhere so thought it could wait. 
Looks lonely doesn't it? And these are my favourite, thickest, softest, fluffiest, comfiest, newest socks! Plus we are not sock losing people. I know some people always have odd socks floating around but we don't. 
I've checked in and around the washing machine. 
I've checked in and around the whole craft room where it would have been dried on the clothes horse. 
I've checked down the sleeves and inside the other clothes washed then. 
I'm baffled.  ???

So that's it for now, hope you have sunshine this weekend.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I've found a sock inside a duvet cover. Hope it turns up!

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Always wash duvet covers buttoned up for that very reason and had checked pillow cases, but just checked again in case you'd had a premonition. Thank you for caring xx