Saturday 13 April 2024

Enjoying Cheerful......

 
I promised a more cheerful post so let's start with our garden which is very cheerful at the moment. 
Birds are enjoying the new water feature with its little solar pump. The rockery behind it is now planted up and hopefully they will soon fill the space. 
The apple tree is blossoming (why did that pic load sideways?)
There is the promise of a large display of my favourite Lily of the Valley. 
I'm always reluctant to pull the rhubarb early as the large leaves look great, almost tropical, beside the pond. 
And lots of spring colour everywhere. 


Saturday evening we had Son's dog for the evening as Son and fiancé celebrated their 20th anniversary with a meal and theatre performance here in Ipswich. 

Pleased that at coffee morning quite a few of my "ready for the charity shop" books were taken by some neighbours. 

Wednesday we both went to Specsavers for eye tests (didn't seem two years since last time but it was). Hubby needed a slightly different prescription and ordered one pair for collection in two weeks. My prescription hasn't changed so I saved a lot of money not needing new specs, but a little disappointed as I had fancied a change of frames but couldn't really justify the huge cost just for a change. It was pointed out to me that the Macular Degeneration has got a little worse but still can't be treated. I was told to stay aware of any vision changes, eat plenty of green veg and possibly to take vitamin supplements specific for macula care. I'll need to check those with a pharmacists due to having CKD and all the meds I'm on. 
I also went to their hearing department. Lots of questions to answer first, then she looked in my ears and said the left ear has a little fresh wax but the right ear has a lot of hardened ear wax so they can't do the full test. I came away with olive oil ear spray to use till Hubby's next appointment in two weeks then they will check my ears again and make another test appointment if they are clear.  

Wednesday afternoon we had Daughter's dog here for a few hours. When Daughter came to pick her up she stayed for a cuppa. She told us that O was having his birthday party on Saturday evening for about 10 teens and they were all sleeping over. M was nominated as the responsible adult to stay at home and Daughter said she'd come here with the dog and sleep over night too. She says it's to keep the dog out of the way, however, 10 teens would make me want to escape too. Hahaha! 

Looks like it's going to be a warm and sunny weekend. 
Enjoy.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh love all the colours emerging at the moment in the garden! Beautiful.

It is very warm. Clo ran in shorts today but said it was quite cold sat outside drinking coffee afterwards.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Cooling down after a run probably made her notice the chill more too.