Saturday 14 October 2023

Staying Home.........

 
It's still really warm and sunny for the time of year, however these pigeons are obviously preparing for winter as they feast on the pyracantha berries.
After chatting to a friend about boilers, Hubby invited the gas man that changed theirs (as he was so highly recommended) to come and give a review on the best system that would work for us. Hubby hasn't been happy with our hot water pressure for years.
What we have at the moment is a condensing boiler fed by the tank in the airing cupboard which is topped up by the tank in the loft. 
Unfortunately Tuesday came and went and the guy didn't come. Hubby is now trying to track him down. 
He did track him down and after apologising said he'd call round Friday, he didn't! 

The large vase of flowers were starting to die and as I thinned it out I thought I'd take the opportunity to use my new birthday bud vases. 
Wednesday was a good day till the very end. Hubby went early to Daughter's with big gardening tools and helped tidy the overgrown side garden where they park the cars and caravan. It was Daughter's first day performing at Scaresville, when Kentwell Hall turns into the scariest venue for Halloween. Not wanting to leave O on his own all day when she left at noon, he came back with Hubby and the dog came too. We took them both home on our way out to Felixstowe at 6:30pm. 
Our usual Wednesday six was joined by friendsH&H (and they brought me a very belated birthday gift). We ate at The Dooley for a change then said goodbye to H&H and the six of us went to our usual pub. The guys had the pool table to themselves as the pub was in full swing of quiz night. Us girls struggled to talk over the very loud quiz master. Then friendT said she felt really tired but we knew something was wrong although she wouldn't say, so they left and we both worried about her. 
So that Hubby can drink I always drive home. Dropped friendsM&P home first of course then a very easy drive considering it was pouring with rain. We were back in Ipswich not far from home when I misjudged a roundabout and hit a curb hard. The front tyre had burst, this car does not carry a spare gggrrrrrr for no spare and gggrrrrrrrr at myself!!!
Our neighbour to our left owns a garage and breakdown service so we phoned his wife's mobile (only number I had) but at 11:45pm she quite rightly had her phone switched off. I managed to limp the car round to a safe parking space where we could leave it overnight and Hubby phoned friend&neighbourA (next door on our right) and he came out to get us. 
The two of them went back out Thursday morning and got it all sorted. Well done to them both.

I had fancied going out Friday. There was a large ferris wheel at Felixstowe that was closing this weekend and we'd not been on it but the weather was definitely not suitable Friday morning with heavy rain and quite windy. After lunch when it did dry up a bit Hubby reminded me this gas man was coming so when Daughter asked if we could dog-sit I agreed. Probably wise staying home as it was Friday 13th.

Sadly I have to write about more war in the middle east involving Israel, Palestine and Gaza land and the horrific attack by Hamas terrorists which seemed to be totally unprovoked. I'm Jewish with my whole life being part of a large Jewish family and being involved with many different Jewish communities so I feel for all those involved. I also feel for all the Jews around the world that now fear further terrorist actions against them. 
These are very scary times!
I wish peace for all 🙏 
.

1 comment: