Saturday 21 October 2023

Our Golden Week......

 
We decided to take advantage of the dry sunny Saturday to pop to Felixstowe and finally have a ride on the ferris wheel before it closed the next day. 
Twice round gave us plenty of time to have a good look at the view, town one side and the sea the other. 
As you can see by my hair it was very windy up there and I'm glad I wore my scarf as it was quite chilly. 
We ended up having a very long walk too as Felixstowe is prone to flooding at high tide so the flood barriers were closed along the whole prom. Not realising we parked in the car park half way along the sea front, so had to walk all the way to the end to get to the beach then half way back to get to the wheel and the same again afterwards. 

Sunday we had arranged with old friends to meet for lunch. When we arrived Hubby and I were surprised that friendsN&T and friendsV&N had arranged it as a celebration in advance of our golden wedding anniversary later this week.  
We had a big balloon, lots of cards, yellow and white bouquet and the table was scattered with confetti. At the end of the meal they paid for ours too. We were spoilt. We have such lovely friends.
Red Rose Chain theatre company are about to open their next historic play The Ungodly and as always there are a lot of online promotion photos. This one took me by surprise as the girl sitting in front is my Granddaughter R.
Who looks identical to her mum (pic below). Daughter has straight hair and R's is very curly so with coifs on nothing separated them.  
When my neighbour said she was enjoying the latest in the Richard Osman series of The Thursday Murder Club, I said I've read all three as ebooks but this forth one is too expensive for a kindle edition. So she finished hers and lent it to me. I'd forgotten how heavy a hard back book is and I need to have my legs raised and the book on a bean bag hahaha.

Hubby has reached the end of an era. He has been a biker for more than 40 years, however, this bike has been out on a run only three times this year. Either we are going out together and I don't get on the bike. He used to ride to see his dad or his brother, neither are with us any more. The friends he used to occasionally ride with he rarely sees now. So this photo is his last ride as he took the bike to sell it back to the shop he bought it from. The guys in the shop were amazed too! 
Thursday evening we dog sat for Son and fiancé. Their little dog can be a bit frustrating as she spends most of the time just staring at Hubby and neither of us can work out what it is she wants. Thankfully she doesn't get cross just stays staring. 
20th October 50 years ago was our wedding day, so this is our golden anniversary. 
Every one of the main anniversaries by year Hubby has bought the right pendant for my necklace (the necklace he put in my cracker about 40 years ago) so this is my new gold. Unfortunately it's the wrong fitting so it has had to stay on its own chain. Hopefully the two won't tangle.
The weather was awful, very wet and windy, not as bad as some parts of the country suffering Storm Babet, but not a day for forcing ourselves out in it pretending to have fun. So we stayed in and treated ourselves to a Chinese takeaway for dinner. I also made some lemon twists.... well lemon curd is gold. 
Hope you've had a good week too and not suffered bad weather.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Huge congratulations to you both! Lovely surprise celebratory lunch.

Glad you managed the Ferris wheel. and loving all the photos.

Yes, hardback books are heavy! I prefer paperback. I don't have a kindle. I can see all the advantages and maybe one day as can have lots of books on one light device (and could adjust font size...) but I still love the feel of paper when reading.

Shock of the bike being returned to the shop!

xxx

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Thank you x
I do have a kindle but I mostly now use the free kindle app on my tablet or phone, especially good for holidays when we only travel with cabin bags.
Yes strange there's no bike in the bike shed now, when at one time there were three, although I'm sure it will always be called the bike shed.