Saturday 14 January 2023

Make and Mend.......

 
Sunday morning and Hubby now has the extra loft insulation and more boards. They came out of Son's van (he gets discount) carried upstairs and up into the loft before I could take a photo.... but wouldn't have been an exciting photo anyway. My two favourite men do work well together. 

Not the first time these jeans have needed a repair but they are still his favourite working ones. 
Had a pair of mine to fix too. Hubby's split on the knees and mine wear thin top of the legs. 
O and the dog were here all day Wednesday and Hubby was taxi for R as everyone was working. O set up his usual studio at the end of the lounge. 
O carries his tech in a briefcase but recently he's been bringing a tripod and more in a carrier bag that's not quite long enough making it awkward when he's in and out of the car. So I'm trying to see if I can make something better and I'm using a punctured airbed as the fabric. 
Thinking it through always takes the longest. 
My first machining was to make a strap and that went easier than I'd expected. Clothes pegs come in handy when you can't use pins. 
Always a thrill when I win bobbin roulette! 
Tricky turning the heavy plastic right side out after sewing 
and I had meant to put the strap on the plain side with the flocked side on the front 
and I now think it's far too long..... 
but apart from that I'm pleased I used the airbed fabric and didn't just throw it away. 

Two days this week Daughter and O have been here for lunch, which is lovely, and one of those days O was filming and I had to find him an old picture frame and with Hubby finding him a fake wall and offering a little safety supervision he filmed himself smashing the glass (which proved more difficult than he'd expected). He filmed some other stuff but took it all home to edit. Now I'm curious to see the final short film. 

Hubby has done two more tip runs. There was so much cardboard and polystyrene, he had fun emptying the car there when it got really windy. Friday he said he'd vacuum my car inside because it really needed it. However, the vacuum bag burst almost immediately (it's really old) so my car will get done when the bags on order arrive. 

Not looking forward to the very cold weather predicted for this weekend. 
Stay warm, stay happy.
.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

How do you repair thinking denim? I tend to wear until they become 'at home only jeans' and then put them in the fabric recycling when they are too indecent to open the door whilst wearing!

Mightily impressed with he bag from airbed creation.

x

MumB / @mumbosh said...

I put a patch on the inside and machine zigzag on the outside in a similar colour thread. Hubby doesn't care what old work jeans look like and if I don't sit with my legs wide open nobody should see my repair.

Michelle said...

I think part of my problem is I have jeans with elastane in. Whenever I've tried repairing it fails quite quickly.further out. What does keep me wearing them longer if here is enough space is to wear (some jeans are more tightly fitting than others!) on colder days with leggings underneath.