Saturday 7 January 2023

HNY 2023......

 
As we have done for quite a few years now, we saw the new year in with our NeighbourA who's also a good friend. I bought takeaway style Chinese food from Iceland and the three of us ate together while all social media was pinging with new year wishes. When I discovered neighbourJ was alone I invited her to walk up and see the new year in with us, which she did. No heavy drinking (I'm on fizzy water) and no big party but plenty of chat with a little background music, then TV from 11:30 ish and at midnight four of us hugged and kissed and wished each other a happy new year. 

With so many days of big three course meals and full on roasts, Hubby chose cheese and crackers for dinner on new years day, I didn't object at all. Normal and healthy will resume very soon. 

Although it was a bank holiday we still had our usual coffee morning on Monday. Also felt odd that we weren't seeing Daughter on Monday, her birthday, but she had other plans. 

Tuesday we decided to remove the festive bling and it would have been done at leisure but Daughter messaged to say they were coming for lunch so it was in fact down, packed and taken upstairs before they got here. 
Hubby had said he was going to add more insulation and boarding to the loft, probably in the spring when it's not winter cold or summer hot up there. However, we all know he can't sit still so New Years day he was already up there sorting stuff. So far he has made one trip to the tip with a full car, mostly boxes and packing for goods we no longer have, plus lots of redundant electrical and computing stuff. 

I finally gave in and said he could bring down the pram! 1960s Mothercare coach built. Bought new for my sisterM's first baby and was used by all three of her babies and toddlers. Then it passed to me and used for both my children and often had friends' children sharing a ride. 
Sad to see it go, however Daughter thinks someone who does the multi period reenactment at Kentwell might like it as its definitely authentic 1960s. [edit: they said yes please].
Scrubbed up really well. 

Thursday and a second full car trip to the tip. Hubby then washed my car and invited Daughter over for a car wash too. Daughter nearly fell asleep at lunch as she'd been up from silly o'clock to take R and her friend to the airport, they are having a short holiday in Bordeaux which is quite exciting as neither of them have flown or holidayed without parents before! 

Friday Daughter and O headed north to stay with friends for the weekend. This had been planned quite a while ago, and now with R suddenly flying off to France and M working we have a weekend dog sitting. She really is no bother. 

R and her friend are already at the airport to come home and messaged me with a few photos. Looking forward to hearing about it when I see her next. 

So that's about it for another week. 
Have a good week ahead and see you back here next weekend.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I remember having a seat on the handle end of one my mum would push with my baby sister sleeping inside. I recollect twisting round to see the baby. I often say I have no childhood memories (certainly up until I was 9 when my parents separated (acrimoniously so I think there's a blockage!) but that one is still there :-).

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Memories are funny things that are often deeply buried until something wakes it up.