Even with the prolonged lack of rain and now the hosepipe ban (for the first time in a decade here) some plants still grow enthusiastically and need cutting back.
It's mostly been sunny and hot all this week though windier than it has been but to be honest (very silly saying as I'm always honest) that's about all the news there is to tell you and no doubt the weather is much the same where you are.
Monday coffee morning was held in the dining room. As it was too hot to sit comfortably without the gazebo but too windy for the gazebo to survive open.
I play a lot on the Face Book game of Words With Friends, much the same as Scrabble but different enough not to get prosecuted for copyright breach. My account has just given me my usage stats for June.
Made me laugh so I had to share it with you. It was over three months ago when I went into Ipswich Hospital for a small surgical procedure. The outcome of that was thankfully not cancer and just to be extra sure this week they did a follow up check. Also pleased to report the internal camera showed that all is totally clear so Urology don't want to see me again for another year. The nurse in attendance was one of the nurses I used to see regularly so we had a little catchup chat.
Another amusing story was that Hubby had registered his car for the hospital as transport for E as she has a blue badge so can park in a disabled bay for free. This week Hubby was taking me and I don't have that privilege so he emailed them asking how to pay. They replied saying that if I'm with him we can still use the blue badge, they took it that the badge is his when he'd told them it is his granddaughter's. Hubby replied trying to make the details clearer and again they misunderstood. Thankfully we have our own solution...... we use my car!
Forecast for the few weeks to come is still very warm and very dry. Hope you are managing.
.


No comments:
Post a Comment