Saturday 16 March 2024

Achieving.......

 
Work in our bedroom is in full swing but I'll not bore you with each detail, hopefully there will be plenty to update you with by the end of the week. Meanwhile I'd like to share our beautiful camellia now in full bloom. 
And the beautifully scented hyacinths. 
A long time ago I'd found a crochet pattern for a more modern looking granny square that's tiny, so I thought I'd give it a go to help improve my very basic crochet skills. I'd made seven semi-successfully but found them quite tricky so was reluctant to do lots more to make into anything substantial, so the project got put aside. 
Recently I saw a small bag using squares and decided that I only needed to make three more pansy squares and three plain squares and all together they made this little summer bag. 
For the handles I made a cord from old jeans-seams to cover with the crochet which gave them structure. I'm always pleased not to have past efforts wasted. 

Lovely Mother's Day. Daughter came over with R and she'd bought me this great jug that's a really useful size. A friend of her's has opened her new pottery shop so Daughter and M had supported her by buying a mug and a jug.
Son and fiancé arrived soon after with my gift of shower gel and the Pandora heart charm. They also brought a vegan chocolate cake for us all to share. Later the four of us shared a yummy Chinese takeaway.  

Thursday Daughter's dog was here while she was working and she kept me company when Hubby met the guys for some snooker. Daughter finished work a little earlier than expected so she had time to fit in her run and then stay here for a cuppa and chat before taking the dog home. 

Bedroom update....
All the cracks have been filled, all the emulsion on ceiling and walls done twice each. All the gloss done on skirting, door frame and built in wardrobe frames. Almost odour free, then a quick sand down on the window sill and that coat of varnish was a nasty pong that filled the whole house and lasted for days! Curtain pole back up and the curtains too after they'd been through the washing machine and thankfully a dry sunny day so they went out on the line. We had a quick shopping trip and bought a new duvet cover and fitted sheet, 
but couldn't get a bed valance or ceiling light shade I liked or the coasters to go under the casters. I was also looking for some padded quilted vinyl to recover the headboard with but was disappointed there too. Hubby found the coasters at our local Wickes but I'm still looking for the rest. 
Nothing more we need to do in there until the carpet is fitted next Thursday. 

Enjoy your weekend.
.

No comments: