Saturday 17 September 2022

More Than a Lunchbox......

 
Son came Saturday morning with one of those huge builders bags full of sand and gravel that he had left over to add a layer into our new raised bed. Daughter, O and the dog decided to have a walk from their's to here and arrived just as Hubby and Son started to empty our two large compost bins into the raised bed, so she grabbed a spade and worked with them (didn't have my phone on me so no pic). 
The bed is only about half full, so will still need a lot of top soil which is now on order. 

Remember the neighbour's flag pole? For a couple of days it had the Union Flag at half mast, definitely looks to me like it's more in our garden than theirs! Hubby quite likes it, so I'll learn to ignore it. 

As often happens we got a message from Daughter, to Hubby this time,  saying "Bit of an odd request but do you have a briefcase you no longer need?" In fact he did and I found my two as well. 
Daughter, O and the dog came over and O looked at all three briefcases and chose my old one immediately. He had to play with the combination locks to get them to reliably open and close and he was very happy. Daughter told us that he is now off to a social club for Home Ed young teens in Colchester and the briefcase is to carry his lunch in, and of course to complete his cool image. 
The dog stayed with me, Daughter and O drove off, Hubby went to play snooker with his friends and I carried on chopping apples! Thankfully I'm getting nearly to the end.

Felt a lot chillier the last few days and so many people queuing for hours and hours and overnight to pay their respects to the Queen.

No comments: