Saturday 20 November 2021

Yummy Eating Week........


I ended the last post with our beautiful tulip tree in gold so I thought I'd start this post sharing our beech tree while it's a stunning burnt orange. I love autumn! 

Hubby still had to mow the lawn this week, mid-November and it's still growing thick and fast! Beautiful when the sun comes out but chillier now and needed coat and gloves for coffee morning. 

Tuesday had a lovely catchup lunch with friendM. We went to Belstead Brook Hotel (they have a midweek pensioners special deal) two courses and coffee. This was my treat as friendM had a birthday just before she went on holiday so a postponed celebration. In fact Thursday we had another postponed celebration for her birthday but as our usual group of six event. We went to a Vietnamese restaurant I'd not been to before. They don't have a website so can't add a link. It was all really lovely food and they were happy to present the birthday cake with candles that we'd brought in. Funny when they just plunged the whole restaurant into darkness and walked over with the cake singing happy birthday 🎂 

Well after all the years of being told to keep switching our energy suppliers to maintain the best deals our supplier was one of those that sank under the pressure of rising prices in their supplies. Hubby has just had bills in and has now calculated that with People's Energy we were paying £85.77 per month and we were left with some credit in our account, but now with British Gas we have to pay £227.28 per month!!! I'm lost for words! 

And Friday lunch was out to The Square and Compasses with friendsL&K. Sadly there should have been six of us but friendsL&M are at home in bed suffering with covid even though M is triple jabbed and L is double jabbed, in fact her booster should have been the day she tested positive! 

Please remember it's still out there and nobody is 100% protected so carry on doing all you can to stay safe.
.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry about your fuel bill :-(. That's some increase!

M has had his booster, Mine is booked for 5th Jan (earliest I could book) so I don't feel as protected as I would like. I not sure how long the jabs give protection. In fact this might be why your FriendL has ended up so poorly. I hope she's recovering and home again soon x

MumB / @mumbosh said...

She's home now but still very poorly. Scary times eh?

Michelle said...

Oh I am glad to hear she's home. Hope she continues to get stronger and stronger very quickly :-).

What's scarier is how many people don't think they are scary times and aren't taking any precautions. My Friday walking friend doesn't really believe in masks and she thinks that everything should just carry on as normal without any restrictions. She has quite strong views that I don't share, though I sympathise she does believe them, so we don't really talk about it. Best to find areas of common ground to talk about else our Friday walks would quickly become quite contentious. And I do enjoy our Friday walks!

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Yes everyone can make their own choices and I'm glad to know what they are because if I know someone is less careful than me I stand a little further from them.