Saturday 30 January 2021

Another Month Slips By......

 
Not the snowy weekend that other parts of the country have had, we had a couple of little flurries but nothing settled. Really cold though and our heating seems to be on constantly. However Monday morning's outside coffee morning still happened as it was really sunny, but still grateful for arctic layering, blankets and hot water bottle 😂

This was definitely light afternoon viewing which unfortunately didn't live up to the good cast who did their best with the very weak script. 

I was only a bit surprised when an email popped in from what looked like a government department. We've been told the vaccine invitations are coming from your own doctor's surgery, however I'm on the government vulnerable list. An alarm went off when I realised it didn't invite me by name or mention my NHS number. Further checking and clicking on the "from" address to see it in full showed it to be a fake. 
Looked genuine at first to me because I think I wanted it to be. 

I've since had the phone call direct from my GP surgery and booked in for my first jab this Thursday! My appointment at 6:15pm very efficient, quick and a good flow of people through all the time. I was given the Pfizer vaccine. We had to sit for 15 mins afterwards but to save a buildup in the waiting room after 5 mins they said to sit for a further 10 mins in my car before driving away. By bedtime Thursday I had no side effects, not even a painful arm. Friday my arm was achy but not too bad and a very small price to pay. I'll be contacted for my second jab which could be up to 12 weeks. 

Hubby was bored enough to spend ages washing his car even though it has hardly been anywhere. 
This is one of my cousin's, he's now in his 80s. He decided to host his first zoom singalong. I did join but had a few technical issues; I could only see four faces on screen at a time so had to keep scrolling back and forth, also there was a screen with the lyrics karaoke style which I had a brief glimps of at first but then couldn't find it again. And of course some of the participants do not understand the time lapse problem and tried singing together, whereas it's best to mute your self and sing to your hearts content. 
Definite applause for a great idea, and I loved seeing some family faces. 

We were really looking forward to this film on Netflix as it was based on a true account of this famous and priceless Anglo Saxon find that is quite local to us in Suffolk. It didn't disappoint. 

See you next Saturday, meanwhile stay safe and stay healthy.




No comments: