Saturday 19 December 2020

The Wrapping Week.......

 Turned really chilly at the weekend and wet but still managed a cuppa outside on Saturday with Daughter and R so the dog could have a garden run. 

Sunday Hubby had requested Italian style meatballs on pasta, so I made a very simple tomato bolognaise sauce. As I was leaving the room with Hubby's in hand I heard something drop to the floor hitting a few things on its way. Sure enough when I returned I discovered it was the large serving spoon that had been perched on top of the tomato sauce. So I cleaned the cooker and the floor then turned to throw the kitchen paper in the bin and realised most of my kitchen now looked like a chicken pox breakout. I cleaned up then finally sat down with mine. Monday and I'm still finding splashes on the front of the freezer and up various walls!             

Back in the summer when Daughter had a bit of a sort out of the pottery stuff lurking in our shed she decided these pots were not worth glazing so I rescued them. 
Covered with hessian or wool and painted with acrylics and ready to use as gifts. (Don't think the recipients read this blog) 
Really sunny and mild on Monday and very pleasant for our on-your-own-drive coffee morning.

Hugh Grant was a Graham Norton guest and spoke about this so we watched. Six episodes and it kept us guessing and doubting our guesses right to the end. 

In total contrast Hubby loves all the corny Christmas films. This one I watched with him. 

Wednesday evening had been advertised as the Doorstep Carol Concert supported by all the local radio stations. 
Obviously no group photo as we are all so far apart, but thought you'd want proof we froze for the cause (lazy me sitting) 

And every day I've been wrapping!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my! The tomato sauce!!! I'm overwhelmed at the cleaning up job just reading and imagining it.

I really need to do catch up blogging. All is well here, just my brain and the rest of me is beyond tired. Last day of work yesterday til January so a proper break of 12 days off :-).

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Amazing how far those tiny tomato splashes went hahaha
Like you my blog is more for my own diary memory but it is hard to be forever catching up. Helps now I've got into the regular Saturday post but this week I'll post Christmas eve and probably not again till after New year.
So pleased all is well with you and now 12 days off for relax, rest and family. Enjoy xx