Saturday 29 August 2020

Life Goes On.......

 

After so many regular weekly updates, needing to acknowledge our lockdown, I'm not sure life getting back to whatever is going to be the new normal, but staying very careful, is going to have enough variety or excitement to write special posts or should I keep doing the same sort of snippet updates....... we'll see. 

I'm usually a very tolerant person but if something is wrong I'm not reluctant to point it out. For the first time in absolute ages I've had to complain, and amazingly I've had to complain about three different things in the space of a few days! 

  • In April I'd bought a 3in1 sandwich toaster from Argos which is now not working. I hate phoning help desks as there's no conversation record and so many people online saying they couldn't get through, so I sent an email to the only email address I could find and that bounced with an auto reply saying how very busy they are and to ring the help desk but be patient as that's busy too. Next step was going through their Facebook page to send a private message. I stated the problem and attached a screen shot of my first email with all the details on. I received two auto responses telling how very busy they are. Eventually I get a reply from "Simon" who asked "How can I help you?" I replied with "All the details are there above" apparently my screenshot was too small and unclear,  guess he didn't know that you have to click on a thumbnail to open it doh! So I repeated all the details again. Simon told me I have to contact the maker's help desk and gave me the number grrrrr. After a lot of searching I found the Russell Hobbs product support email address and sent on my problem. Of course I got an auto response to tell me they are extremely busy and thank you for my patience! 
  • Amazon order of 24 cans and nine of them are dented. I immediately went into my Amazon account and informed them. I also said I'm happy to keep them as none of the contents appear to be compromised but wanted them to know. I've just been back into my account to see if there was a reply and there isn't, in fact I can't even see my original online form to them? 
  • A follow on complaint to my GP surgery was needed, this time in writing to The Practise Manager. I have been taking, as prescribed, Adcal vitamin D supplements daily since 2007, that’s 13 years! Following blood tests at least four times that I can remember I've been sent a standard letter saying I've shown a vitamin D insufficiency and a list of what supplements I should buy over the counter. Because I'm already medicated for this I've phoned the surgery each time and been passed to nurses, doctors and even a pharmacist and each time after all these various calls I've been told to ignore the letter and not increase my dose. After my latest blood tests a doctor phoned me to discuss all the results and to add some medication and during that call we discussed my vitamin D level and she said what I'm already taking is enough as its just borderline.......... then I receive their standard letter in the post AGAIN! Thankfully I'm fully aware of my own medical history and needs so consider this an admin procedure that needs looking into. We have an online system where I can view my records and order repeat prescriptions but the messages facility has been deactivated. There isn't an email address available for patients to use so determined to have a written record of this I've had to type up a letter, print it and stamp it and Hubby then walked it to the letter box! It's 2020!
Now I need to find something cheerful to tell you about as I don't like the grumbling me. 
Well I didn't have to wait long as this was delivered by the postman with the note from my lovely friendLE who sent them from her family as a get well gift. Yummy


New series we've started watching is Emergence. A gripping story line that's quite different. 


Our first going out today (Wednesday) that wasn't medical appointment related. My quarantine ended Sunday and Monday was our usual neighbours coffee morning outside and Daughter was supposed to be bringing my car back in the afternoon, but it wouldn't start so Hubby had to go there and managed to get it home. Tuesday was a horrid wet and windy day so that's why it was today. Quick stop at the post office then to our small local garden centre that is never too busy and all outside so felt totally safe...... safe enough to spend lots 🤣😉

Despite all the education and exam result fiasco this year, E got her Art final result with distinction and secured her place at Manchester Uni. She moves up the in a couple of weeks. Proud Grandma! 

Daughter, R, O and the dog came over Thursday afternoon and Daughter spent the whole time peeling, coring, chopping out the rotten or bug filled bits of all the apples off the tree, as I really couldn't manage them this year, so there's now lots in the freezer. Another photo opportunity missed though as O is back into his magic card tricks which I had to stay involved with. 

And that's about it for another week.

.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I like snippet updates!

Grr to frustrations. The VitD one sounds particularly annoying. Hope you've had a response to your snail mail.

C&I love a garden centre visit. Especially if there is opportunity for cakeage! Planting everything out always takes longer than it should. I still have two grasses I should have planted out long ago but they were nice in the pots and because it involved moving others I just didn't find the energy. So in the pots they have remained. I can see them from indoors though which I wouldn't be able to do if they were along the path which is their ultimate destination. I will set that to be this weekend's task if the weather suits (another problem recently!)

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Grrr to not getting replies yet. Early next week I'll chase again!
Hubby is very good at planting and watering new additions so long as I've plonked them where they need to go.
Sounds lovely seeing your grasses from indoors and if they're happy in the pots then why not.
No cake at our garden centre, it's very small and local with nothing on sale but plants, planters and compost.