Saturday 4 July 2020

Not All Together in Isolation (part 16)........


Saturday 27 June - although doesn't really matter what day it is 😉

Been wet on and off and very windy at times but still reasonably warm. Late afternoon and nothing worse than football on TV with canned crowd noise urrgghhhh!
So we watched a film
I was very pleased to see it wasn't just a remake of the original it was a whole new updated story of its own.

Oh dear, Daughter came round with R and E mainly just for a quick escape from their house and it also gives the dog a garden run around. The girls noticed the dog acting weird and running right through bushes and getting covered in bits of foliage...... then she got closer to us and we all realised she'd rolled in something and stank! So we found her some shampoo and Daughter had to give her a full lather up and garden house rinse! The look on her face was obedient humiliation.

Another film this week was Bumble Bee, a more modern transformers story. I found it after hunting through Sky Movies and knew Hubby would love it and I actually enjoyed it too.


Change of tempo Thursday as we had to leave the house, only my fourth outing in 103 days and all of them medical related. I need another operation relating to the recurring bladder cancer. Discussions between consultants decided that Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital could provide the best procedure. So we went to the hospital and saw the same consultant who had also done major surgery on me in 2017.

All went quite well at NNUH, a long chat with the consultant who explained everything and says he's doing this keyhole and robotic, which is a new one for me. Thankfully they managed to arrange my pre-op, ecg, bloods and another long chat with an anaesthetist without too much waiting around. So a long time there but saves us another 100 mile round trip.
Surgery is planned for 7th August and I'll need the covid swab test just before and I'll carry on shielding till then too.

And we were home in plenty of time to join Daughter&co on zoom and take part in the online pub quiz. 👍

And today it's quite grey and very windy, so here's my wonderful lavatera/mallow before the flowers go. Always reminds me of  mum who gave me the first small cutting from her's about a million years ago!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I remember my mum's mallow from her garden in St Albans - 35 year ago! Lovely colour.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

More beautiful because of the memories 😊